Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ten days here, too

It's rare that I can post the same thing on my personal and business blogs, but here's what I have to say today. Apologies if this is more non-business information than you care to read. (For crying out loud, you've been looking at photos of the trees around our driveway. You can handle this.)
As of the end of the Texas Rangers game last night (they won, BTW, though two of their four runs were forced; poor Reds pitcher…), I have ten days without any appointments or meetings or places to be at specific times. Ten days. Nowhere to be.
Well, okay, I have SNB on Thursday, if I want to go, and we'll be doing something on July 3rd, whether Kaboom Town in Addison (at the invitation and office of my fellow Dallas Stars Season Ticket Holder Council member, Gary Ludwig) or at Southlake's Stars and Stripes celebration. That's what we usually do, and I should be there to scope out some new Town-Square-event ideas (they're using food trucks this year!) for Oktoberfest. But our fantastic event planner has agreed to check that out for us, so I'm actually free to go to Gary's do.
If I want. I don't have to go. Anywhere. At all. No, not even to church, because White's Chapel UMC cancels the service I go to (the Founder's Chapel service, aka the Redheaded Stepchild service) at the drop of a hat, especially around holidays like Independence Day.
So it's sleeping 'til I wake up, catching up on laundry, cleaning (the dust bunnies are starting to show signs of life), wading through Oktoberfest stuff and blogging. Lots and lots of blogging. The last few weeks have perfectly illustrated my need to have some blog entries completed and standing by. There are simply going to be periods when my schedule won't allow me to sit down and write anything just for myself. Like most of the 99 days between now and the end of Oktoberfest, for example.
Just a bit of added content for the business blog: My inbox actually got better between the last post and today, but it's once again gotten away from me.


I was going to wait 'til it got to 1,000 unread to do that screen capture, but I need to go change the sheets and sort some laundry and stuff.

See you back here soon, with some actual intelligent business-related content. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment