Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

At the risk of repeating myself (if you read my personal blog)

I'm FREEEEE!

Well, almost. I'm still putting together numbers for the budget spreadsheet (we did pretty well), approving invoices, and planning a volunteer thank-you event. Oh! And I spent most of yesterday cleaning up Oktoberfest remnants (actual physical things left lying around) from Town Square, because they're picky that way. (Okay, I'm loathe to mention that the time and effort it took to take note of the broom leaned up against the door outside our staff office and compose an email about it was much greater than what it would have taken to just unlock the door and stuck it inside. But I'm going to think it.)

We had a pretty good crowd, despite rain on Saturday. This was Festival Hall right before the rain.


And Sunday started hot & heavy. I got there at about 11:30, and there were SO many people I wondered if I had remember the starting time (noon) wrong. Nope. They were just there and ready to party. This was the line at one of the food booths. It's all the way across the street.


We don't have any kind of official count of the number of people attending because there's no admission. The ATM company comes up with a number for other events that's been quite accurate, based on the number of transactions. Their estimate is 135,000. Personally, I think we had about 75,000 people who just had no cash with them.

I'm gradually getting back to the real work. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment