Search This Blog

Monday, October 14, 2013

Letting go is harder than it looks

I'm letting go of Oktoberfest, and it's harder than I expected.

Not the emotional kind of letting go. I've known for weeks that I was going to be bored for a while afterwards. And maybe a little let down, not having people asking me for decisions all day. No big surprises there.

It's the actual wrapping-everything-up-and-turning-it-over part. I can't seem to get everything done.

All I really have left to do is plug the final numbers into the budget spreadsheet. Make a few lists (what signs we have stored, who provided which services) for the reference of next year's crew. Plan a volunteer thank-you event, or, actually, just set the wheels in motion and let other people take care of it. Gather together all the paperwork to turn over to my charming and talented co-chair, so he'll know where it all is next year.

And yet, somehow, I can't get it done.

Without the pressure of a deadline (like, say, 75,000+ people showing up), I seem to have trouble getting going. Huh.

How do you handle after-event followup (besides better than me)?

No comments:

Post a Comment